AdoptPOC is a Health Technology Assessment Framework that guides the collection and assessment of comprehensive evidence for point-of-care devices and testing programs.
The framework consists of eight information domains:
- Analytic framework and clinical background
- Device characteristics
- Outcomes and clinical effects
- Practice-specific information
- Technology competitors
- Patient perspectives
- Organizational and operational issues
- Costs/financial considerations
See an example of the AdoptPOC framework applied to INR patient self-testing.